I just switched from PI6020 to cimcore 2010R2. I opened up a program that I wrote in 6020 in 2010. It was a gage that I had certified before. I used a RPS alignment on this. I used 3 points and zeroed them xyz, yz, and y. The alignment worked fine in 6020 but not in 2010. I thought that maybe it just didn’t transfer correctly from one version to the next so I then deleted the alignment and did it again. Still didn’t work. I then started a whole new file and I got the same bad result. What happened was that the measured objects were “flopped” about 180 deg. on the wrong side of the CAD file. The only way that I could get it to work was to bring in an extra Z and over constrain the alignment. The only thing that I can think of is the that the Y coordinates are somewhat planar to the coordinate system and PI didn’t know which direction to go. Is there anything that I can do to fix this and why did it work fine in 6020. Right now the only thing that I can do is re-write the whole program again in 6020 since I can’t now re-open it in 6020. Just to clarify, I was measuring a gage and using the CAD of the part to be gaged to pull nominal information from and also using geometry explorer to write some of the program.
I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.